- I love finding fun ways to use the apples I got from apple picking this year. I love it even more when I can make single serving recipes or ones that I can snack on.
I found these apple pie bites online. They are great tasting, small and easy to make. You can't eat just one... They are even good cold.
What you need:
- 1 container of refrigerator biscuits (10 biscuit size)
- 1-2 baking apple, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- Using a rolling pin, flatten each biscuit into a 3-4 inch circle.
- Cut apples into small chunks
Mix in nutmeg, sugar and cinnamon.
- Place 1 tablespoon of mixture onto each biscuit.
- Dot each with a small pat of butter.
- Bring up the sides of the biscuit, pinch and twist the top to seal in the filling.
- Place in greased muffin cups.
- In preheated oven to 375° bake for 13 minutes or until golden brown.
I served these 2-3 per person topped with a scoop of ice scream topped with some extra cinnamon sugar.
You can also eat these bites as a snack. They are yummy!