Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Getting Organized: Yarn Overhauled

As you know, one of my goals this year is to get organized.  My yarn stash was one of those things that needed an overhaul. 


After seeing how surprised people were with how much yarn I had, I thought I'd show you how worked to get it organized.


I inventoried the yarn I wanted to keep.  I gave the rest to a teacher friend.


I don't have many places to store all the yarn so I have to create space.  Thanks to Courtney from Baxtron{Life} for giving me her Trader Joe's Coffee Canisters. Combined with my own I created this wall system. I got the idea from Pinterest.


I have a shoe organizer that i had used for a long time to store the skeins of yarn but instead this time am using two thirds of the compartments to store in process projects. The bottom two spaces hold my super fine yarn.


I put the most popular yarn I use in two shelves of a bookcase and the rest of the yarn went into an under the bed storage container.  I cut my yarn down by 1/3 which is a big step for this yarn hoarder.  One step at a time, right?

It feels good to have this project done. Now I just have to organize the rest of my room/apartment. i am a messy packrat sometimes...

How are your goals coming along this year?







1 comment:

  1. I cannot get over how much yarn you have in that top picture!! Great organization!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...